Friday, March 21, 2008

Top ten reasons to root for San Diego

  1. Mid-major Pride!
  2. No other game at the 2 o'clock hour is worth watching at this point (GU leads UMBC 48-29, Butler is making a statement against South Alabama 70-45 with only 8:14 to play, and Texas is having its way with Austin Peay 53-32 right now)
  3. Why should some other team in CT get extra cred?
  4. Now Tom knows how I felt last night during the Duke/Belmont game.
  5. San Diego's nickname: the Toreros. I love it. I don't even know what/who/where/why it is, but I'm a HUGE fan. Almost as good as the Hilltoppers.
  6. I've never been a Jim Calhoun fan. Fantastic coach who has done a ton for Connecticut- don't get me wrong. He just rubs me the wrong way. It might be because he treats sports writers poorly, or that he beat Duke in the Final Four way back when. But I stand by it.
  7. The Toreros(I pulled it out again) have some nice uni's.
  8. Gyno Pomare. 16 points already for San Diego. Great kid, and he's working hard against UConn's big time forwards.
  9. San Diego. Drink it in, and it always goes down smooth. We all know what it means in German, right Ron Burgundy?
  10. Everyone loves a Cinderella!

Tom and I will be back to give plenty of thoughts in this one! Let's hope this game keeps it up.

1 comment:

Tom Cleary said...

There are no Cinderellas.