A few pre-game notes:
- The Stags and Red Foxes are number one and number two in the conference in scoring defense. Fairfield allows a league-best 68.4 points per game, while Marist is allowing 68.9.
- Fairfield will look to avenge a 77-70 loss in Poughkeepsie back on Jan. 13. The Red Foxes are now without guard Louie McCroskey who scored 18 points against Fairfield last time out, while the Stags have Mamadou Diakhate back on the bench.
- The two teams will meet for the 38th time, with Marist holding a slim 19-18 edge in the series.
- Sophomore guard Jonathan Han is 18 assists away from becoming the eighth player in school history to have 400 assists in his career. He has 154 assists this season, making him the sixth player in school history to do that.
- Starting for the Stags: Han, Herbie Allen, Warren Edney (the Co-MAAC Rookie of the Week after 18 points against Rider on Friday), Anthony Johnson and Marty O'Sullivan.
- For Marist: Dejaun Goodwin, David Devezin, Ben Farmer, Ryan Stilphen, and Spongy Benjamin. Leading scorer and freshman Jay Gavin (12.8 ppg) comes off the bench.